3/13/14

GUESS WHO I SAW SCREWING AROUND TODAY MY DEAR?

Here's another example of the durable "Jesus, baby, you're not where you said you were, you're here with somebody else who you're doing?" genre. Nancy Wilson sings "Guess Who I Saw Today", a wonderful, very post-war Manhattan gem written by Murray Grand (cabaret guy) and Elisse Boyd (forgive me, but I know nothing about her) for Leonard Sillman's revue "New Faces of 1952". In this one, the hapless housewife stumbles into a mid-town restaurant (don't know why I think it's in midtown but it feels very East 50's for some reason) and finds her husband engaged with his paramour in a corner booth. Is this song really, as it seems to be, her telling her husband what she saw when he gets home to the suburbs? (Again, don't know why I think they live in the burbs, but I think he gets the 5:43 back to Rye or Harrison or Westport every night). Or is she composing these thoughts in her head on her own stunned, shattered train ride home?



 Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! What nice info on this post! All information really useful.I love your stuff very much.Thanks for sharing this helpful post.
    Oh wow, I would love to get into that place, the lights look amazing.

    get youtube views

    ReplyDelete
    Replies