7/11/12

DATELINE NBC: FINDING BOOKER'S PLACE



On Sunday July 15th, Dateline NBC will air a special extended segment devoted to the story we've unearthed and explored in our film "Booker's Place: A Mississippi Story". This is a major bit of business for an indie doc such as ours and we're thrilled that the people at Dateline decided to do it. Of course, NBC aired the original doc that my father made back in 1965 and the producer of the segment, Tim Beecham, knew of my father's film for awhile. Indeed, he pitched Dateline on updating the film for a segment awhile back. But with the emergence of our film and the research that it uncovered about Booker Wright's life and death, the segment became a much bigger story. David Zellerford (producer), Yvette Johnson (Booker's granddaughter) and I went to Mississippi a few months ago to work with Lester Holt and Tim on filming new material specifically for this segment. My father, Frank De Felitta, also will appear in the segment. For a preview of the Dateline segment, click here.

And by the way: "Booker's Place" is incredibly easy to see. You can download it by clicking here.  

Here's a perfectly wonderful TV appearance I did on Steve Abudato's WNET talk show.'

If you're interested in the role that legendary advertising giant Ogily played in the making of our doc (and I know you are) click here to read all about it.

Oh and another thing. Guess what movie (according to IndieWire) is so far rated as the best indie doc (are there any other kind?) of 2012? Click here to find out.

And now for something completely different...






Subscribe in a reader

8 comments:

  1. Excellent post.I want to thank you for this informative read, I really
    appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.


    studia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for explanation. This is a great post; it was very informative. I look forward in reading more of your work. Also, I made sure to bookmark your website so I can come back later.


    Vancouver Appliance Repair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. United Appliance Repair

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share in our work ethic and determination for quality service. Contact us to resolve any problem you may have with your appliance.

    appliance repair vancouver

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more! dishwasher repair Los Angeles service 

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is Limited Liability Company (LLC)?
    The Limited Liability Company or LLC is not a partnership or a corporation. Limited Liability Company (LLC) is a relatively new business structure allowed by state statute. An LLC is a distinct type of business that offers an alternative to partnerships and corporations, by combining the corporate advantages of limited liability with the partnership advantage of pass-through taxation.
    limited liability company
    llc formation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Likes substantially increase the level of popularity of your respective web page and with each of the suitable volume depend; many folks are going to be attracted to your account. The corporations which provide these remedies, will give you with non-automated or robotic likes and supply you with reliable Instagram likes. http://www.buyrealiglikes.com/buy-instagram-likes-for-the-next The good issue relating to this would be the point they may be truly speedily despatched on the account which means you would not have to attend that significantly. And when you're a company company, rising your Instagram likes are going to be beneficial.

    ReplyDelete