11/12/10

CITY ISLAND GETS LA TIMES OSCAR MENTION...



Hollywood's hometown paper, the Los Angeles TImes, published a "Word Of Mouth" column by John Horn yesterday that spells it out in black and white: "CIty Island" is an Oscar contender. Click here to read the entire article, which is actually about our releasing company Anchor Bay Entertainment and how they have unexpectedly emerged from the pack of players (Searchlight, Sony Classics, Focus) to have two awards contenders on there hands this season. (The other one is "Solitary Man").

More from New York, where I (and Andy Garcia) will be going next week for more screenings, lunches, award stumpings...



 Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

  1. I wish many awards on this lovely movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 1:00 in the morning in Greece and I just finished watching 'city island' on video. I am excited that it made it to my small greek hometown (unfortunately only on DVD but I'm not complaining).

    Raymond I wanna say that they were 2, well spent, hours...there was laughter and smiles and my mother saying 'oh my god...this is us eating at your grand-mother's!'

    Thank you for creating this movie and I wish all the awards in the world for it. But I think it is already nominated and awarded...in the peoples' hearts and minds...sorry for not posting more often. Busy this year...I will keep checking though and waiting for the next one!

    Take care
    Greetings from Greece
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete