Saturday, January 23, 2010

OUR TRAILER IS UP--FOR REAL!

ezziebaby

Okay, so trailer-wise we were off a couple of days. Don't sue me, sue Yahoo whose page didn't refresh. Never mind, don't sue anyone. All is forgiven. Click here to see our awesome trailer in HD.



The making of City Island continues Monday. I'll tell the story of how we finally got our cast and financing together and began shooting. On February 1, I'll begin a 27 day blogathon which will cover the 27 days of the films shoot--using old blogposts with production stills, reports, call sheets (assuming I can find them) and clips of outtakes. By the end of February we'll be done with the shoot and onto post-production and through March I'll cover the circuitous route the film took on its way to winning the Tribeca Film Festival Audience Award and finally wending its way into theaters on March 19th of this year. As of March 19th, we'll be in "reel time"--(pun, not misspelling). That is, you'll be experiencing the reception and fate of the movie live, along with me.

Join me on this journey and please send this post to any friends anywhere in the world who you think will enjoy it. "City Island" is the people's film--it requires readers like yourself to support it and give it the oxygen it needs to survive in todays mephitic marketplace. It's success will be your success--for helping get the word out.

Enjoy the trailer--and pass it on. Meanwhile, just because my son is digging Soupy Sales these days...





 Subscribe in a reader

9 comments:

Sarah said...

the trailer is great!! i can't wait!

Marianna said...

Good luck Raymond and City Island. I plan on making a blog post about this movie and this blog soon. Reading what you have to say has been and is a pleasure :)

Hey I found a "City Island" trailer with greek subs, how about that :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnSvY28MM9E

Daniel said...

So glad that the "smoking content" didn't stick us with an R rating! I'm sure it wasn't an easy fight--you can decapitate somebody onscreen, but God forbid you stick a Marlboro in their fingers.

Thanks for the Soupy clip. As he is a fellow native of my home state, West Virginia, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for The Soup Man. Your son has exquisite taste.

My daughter has DVD boxed sets of I Love Lucy--I love it when there are kids out there who are not immediately put off by black-and-white, who know quality comedy when they see it.

Anonymous said...

Loved the trailer! Can't wait for more casting info. I'm really interested in what brought each actor to the movie so lots of details please! :)

JC said...

Hi Raymond,

I love the trailer. There are two interview video clips in the following French website. It is good to see you in one of the videos.

http://www.filmsactu.com/film-city-island-41992.htm

JC

Adam Brightman said...

Great job to the trailer folks! Good moments and enough ambiguity to tease. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Soupy sales kind of reminded me of
the Dean Martin show..After seeing
it now I wish that I watched it
years ago..It kind of suits my
mentality a little now. Is that
good or bad not sure....

Anonymous said...

I had to watch the trailer on
ramascreen.com and it said that
Jan 28, Feb 10 March 8,9,16,20
film can be seen in NY and opens
nationwide April 2 the line were his wife says how she said it.
Want Balloons or something. Plus the line you had to change was very nice Ahh thanks Dad...about the breast thing.

Raymond De Felitta said...

Thanks for your good comments about our trailer--glad that it seems to be playing well for you all.

Marianna--the Greek trailer is quite something!

Dan--yes, we certainly did dodge that bullet--did you read the anti-smoking on screen article in the NYTimes the other day? Clearly any smoking in the future will bring you a hard R...

JC--thanks much for the video.

AB--is that you or someone pretending to be you? Odd to see you post under your own name...

Final Anon: I believe those dates are screenings--not sure if they're private or what. The movie opens 3/19 and goes wider in nine cities the following weekend.