Saturday, March 7, 2009

CITY ISLAND: ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY ON STANDS NOW!

See below--"City Island" has made Entertainment Weekly's first look section. Click on the photo of Andy Garcia and Emily Mortimer to enlarge and read the text.



Below is one of my earliest television memories--the bumper that preceded programs broadcast on NBC in the 1960's. At that time my father worked for NBC news, making documentary films. I remember the peacock and the lovely music (listen to the flutes) from the evenings when his shows were broadcast. I've been investigating (and finding) more home movies of New York in the sixties--the era in which I was born and grew up in the city. I'll post a very interesting and rare find in a day or so.



 Subscribe in a reader

7 comments:

JC said...

Thanks Raymond for the article. I am going to see the movie City Island in the Filmart here in Hong Kong on 24 and 25 March. I am so excited!!!

natalie said...

Hello. How are you my friend? This is natalie your classmate. I visit your blog it is very beautiful and nice. Try also visit my Blog below:

Hot Movies Collection
NBA Photos and Wallpapers
Sexy Celebrities wallpapers
Dream Catcher of destination
HOt Wallpapers of Celebrities

Anonymous said...

I love seeing it in EW and the fact that they name it as one of the "cool" projects..awesome :) I really can't wait to see it!

Daniel said...

Hey Natalie, where did you attend school to be one of Raymond's "classmates"? Spam University?

Marianna said...

Hey Raymond thank you for the magazine pic!

I hope you don't mind but I...tagged you on my blog! It is a blog game and I wish you can participate. It is always fun and interesting to know more things about you!

Just drop by my blog and you will know what I mean :-) The post title is "Tag..."

Take care
peace and love
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Great little blurb. Hope to continue to see more about City Island in the media.

Raymond De Felitta said...

JC--hope you enjoy the movie in Hong Kong. Wish I could be part of this exotic screening...

Natalie--You're very charming...even if you are a computer-generated e-mail. Welcome to our site and please keep sending in sites about celebrity wallpaper.

Anon 1--I was pleasantly shocked to find we were considered "cool". I was never part of that group in school--always more "different" than "cool". But now in middle age I'm pleased and ready to claim that distinction. Perhaps I should finally remane myself Arthur Fonzerelli...

Dan F--Maybe I did know Natalie. In a former life she might have been doing door-to-door. By the way, how's work and life?

Marianna--Give me a moment and I'll catch up w/your blog. Work's heavy this week.

Anon 2: Oh, don't you worry. Whenever there's a link about my movie, this internet whore will quickly post it.

RDEF