4/1/16

DAD TRIBUTE PT. 1: "THE STATELY GHOSTS OF ENGLAND"



Below I've posted a delightful one-hour documentary called "The Stately Ghosts Of England" that my late father Frank De Felitta (who passed on March 30 at the age of 94) produced and directed for NBC in 1964 (the year of my birth incidentally--and what the hell of it?). It was hosted by the great Dame Margaret Rutherford and watching it now I'm overwhelmed by how much of my fathers  personality and filmmaking obsessions can be found within it. For although it's ostensibly a doc, the film is really a kind of fantasia on legend, ghosts and classic Hollywood spin on English romantic gothic...er, stuff. If you dig The Uninvited' and 'Rebecca' and 'My Cousin Rachel', then 'Stately Ghosts' is your kind of jam.



 Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

  1. Wow I had to watch this it was superb. The camera work everything .Your dad new his
    stuff. I had a strange moment in my life. But would love to come across a ghost
    or two. That show had folks taking and thinking.

    ReplyDelete