3/19/12

"BOOKER'S PLACE" TO BE DISTRIBUTED BY TRIBECA FILMS



Get this: Not only will "Booker's Place: A Mississippi Story" premiere at the TFF, it will be released day-and-date by Tribeca Films. In other words, we have a distributor--and a very fine one at that. Day-and-date means that the movie will be available on multiple platforms simultanously. You can see it, download it, stream it, I-tunes it, Amazon it etc. all as it premieres at the film festival. It will also play theatrically in New York and Los Angeles in order to qualify it for next awards season.

Dig this excellent Hollywood Reporter piece giving the lowdown.

One of the reasons I'm so happy about Tribeca becoming our partner in the film goes back a good number of years. In the early '90's, when I was just starting out, the very first deal I ever made was to develop my movie "Cafe Society" with HBO. We looked around for a good producer to team with and wound up with Tribeca Films--then fairly new on the block. Jane Rosenthal and Robert De Niro were to have been my first feature filmmaking partners--which in turn led to my visiting the set of "A Bronx Tale" which was then shooting in Brooklyn, of course. Alas, things didn't work out with HBO and I wound up making the movie independently (and with another set of producers--and therein lies a tale...wait a minute, I already blogged about that a few months ago). Nonetheless Tribeca and all it's associated with--films, festivals, restaurants--continues to remain a wonderfully positive element in my life.

How about a few minutes, then, with the big guy?




 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment