Sunday, July 4, 2010

CITY ISLAND MEETS OSCAR???



Do some of these titles seem like Oscar longshots? They are. But awards voters last year recognized good work in "offbeat" pics as varied as "In the Loop" and "The Messenger," so hope springs eternal. It's definitely worth mentioning some smaller 2010 films that have garnered many fans, like Sony Classics' "Please Give" and "Mother and Child," Magnolia's "I Am Love" and Anchor Bay's "City Island..

Daily Variety


Well I always new I loved and respected the folks at Variety and not just because of Ronnie Sheib's early positive notice
posted when City Island premiered at Tribeca last year.

But the above mention of our movie as a possible awards contender really knocked me out--click here to read the whole piece.


And if the lovely folks at Variety hadn't already earned my undying devotion and inestimable love and respect, click here to read a terrific piece from Weekly Variety which touts "City Island" as one of this years bona fide indie success stories.

And now, in honor of Louis Armstrong's birthday, which it is (sort of) this weekend...





 Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

Ruchi said...

interesting post ! I enjoyed reading of it..It looks like you have great interest in blog..I love watching movies and it is my favorite time pass..
watch movies online