4/21/10

COCKTAILS ON CITY ISLAND--PLUS ANDY GARCIA DALLAS INTERVIEW PART TWO



Above, dig the drink specialties of the house at the very nice bar adjacent to the theaters in the Westside Pavillion where "City Island" is playing in west LA. Yesterday afternoon I stopped in for a "Rizzo On the Rocks". Very nice. Twelve bucks.

Below is the rest of the interview which I posted yesterday--Andy Garcia in Dallas--a very nice, relaxed conversational vibe. He talks about "Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead" which I remember quite liking back when I saw it in '95. And of course the "boat drinks" reference--his characters verbal picture of the paradise that awaits him if only he could get out of
the "life"--fits nicely with the City Island cocktail offerings...




 Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for casting a positive, sexy fat woman in "City Island." As a Fat Admirer, I can't wait to see how the teenager's confusion and ambiguity is played out. I LIVED this for years and loved hearing you talk about the wild west of the internet and Dimensions on Salon. That's how I found out that I wasn't crazy or deviant or freakish. I credit Dimensions with teaching me Fat Acceptance long before Fat Acceptance became the political phenomenon it is gradually evolving into.

    Kudos to you for getting ahead of the curve. You are doing a great service to Fat Acceptance by showing a fat woman (not just a chubby woman, but an actual FAT woman) as a sexual being. THANK YOU!

    I do podcasts on Fat Acceptance issues and have interviewed some key players in the movement. If you are ever interested in taking part, please let me know.

    http://atchka.podbean.com

    Peace,
    Shannon
    atchka@hotmail.com
    Atchka.com
    FierceFatties.com

    ReplyDelete