Monday, March 8, 2010

CITY ISLAND: X-12 (or is it 11?) (Warning: Graphic Content Below)



Every good makeout includes a fondled breast.

Say what?

I said, click on the above call sheet and tell me why the above stated sentiment is being used to describe Scene 132? Obviously the AD team was having a bit of fun (or alcohol) when they wrote the short description of the scene for our call sheet.

Day twelve of our shoot took place in one of the worlds biggest parking lots, in Orchard Beach--adjacent to City Island. In this scene, Julianna Margulies straight up seduces the younger by a decade plus Steven Strait. I won't give you any more information about this scene, other than the fact that it was as uncomfortable to film as any of these sex/love things ever are...and at one point I became rather fascinated watching the two of them make out and kind of sort of forgot to call cut for awhile. When I finally did, Julianna gave me a look and said: "Jesus Raymond!"

The only other thing I remember in detail about that shoot day is that it was on August 4th, and my son was on the set where he celebrated his fourth birthday. Last year, on his fifth birthday, I said to him: "wow, last year you had your birthday on a movie set". He replied, "Yeah, that wasn't a very good one." Hmm.

Tomorrow morning (Tuesday) Andy Garcia will be on the Today Show. Tune in and turn on. Below is an outtake from the above referenced scene. Can't really tell what makes Julianna crack up at the end of the take, but what a lovely sight it is...



 Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

maybebabey1 said...

LOL..what a great first line :) Can't go wrong with fondled breasts!

Julianna's closer to two decades older isn't she? I believe Steven has a b-day this month and will be all of 24 :)

Great clip! It might be uncomfortable for actors to film these kinds of scenes but they sure do look pretty filming them anyway!

Miriam said...

On Tuesday night, March 9, Julianna Margulies will be on Late Night with David Letterman!

Daniel said...

May I add an anecdote from the Prop Master?

The car in which this scene takes place is my wife's Honda Element. It wasn't supposed to be.

Being low-budget, during prep I was setting up as many product placement deals as possible. In the case of Julianna's car, Raymond had wanted some sort of SUV. We had reached a tentative agreement with a car company who I should not name but it rhymes with Meep. Then, three days before we were to start filming, the deal fell through.

So I'm driving to work in wife's car (because one can fit lots of stuff in the back) sweating bullets over this very important picture vehicle. "Where am I gonna find an SUV for free or cheap with no time left?" I worried. And then it came to me: the answer was right under my ass.

My wife and kids like to joke all of the time now about the big hot sex scene in Mommy's car. Hence our small participation in cinematic history.

As a bonus, it dawned on me that Vince drives a Galaxy, reflecting his thoughts toward his ever-expanding universe, while Joyce drives an Element, reflect her focus on the smaller and more finite concerns within her own universe.

Sarah said...

that comment of daniel's is super interesting. i havent been commenting much, but i love reading this.