9/17/09

CITY ISLAND: MORE DEAUVILLE...



Dig the above photo--a lovely grouping capturing literally ALL of us who attended at Deauville. The handsome little boy is my son, Lorenzo De Felitta. The beautiful little girl belongs to our executive producer Militun Gatsby. This was taken the night of our premiere.

Click here for some AP wire images of our opening night.



I'm having trouble locating the French press on our movie--is it because the language eludes me? If anyone can turn up reviews or feature pieces (and I know they exist) I'd love to have the links forwarded to me...

And finally--mega-bigtime thanks to the indespensible (and mysteriously named) JC--a faithful reader who turns up stuff that eludes even I, the Phillip Marlowe of Youtube. CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR PRESS CONFERENCE. Yes, I agree JC: too short and the French translations a bit long. But we were in the midst of a heavy press day so the the somewhat abortive end came as something of a relief. Most importantly, this video captures the professional show-biz debut of my son. Watch as they announce Andy Garcia and a five year old walks out instead of the star of our movie. Then Andy shows up and picks him up for the world paparazzi to get a good, long look.This cameo was a last minute inspiration on Andy's part--and I'm afraid it might have been one of those never to be taken back moments where somebody's life changes forever: later that night, I told Andy how much my son loved being on the stage being photographed and he said: "I'm like the neighborhood pusher--giving the kids a shove down the wrong path". My son was marvelously unfazed by this experience and, I fear, rather liked it: later that night, at the premiere, he watched the movie and kept casting sideways glances over to Andy who sat next to us. It was as if he was asking: "There he is on the screen...there he is in person...how the hell does this movie stuff really work?"





 Subscribe in a reader

10 comments:

  1. What an adorable little boy :). So, do you think Andy's started him down a path?

    Btw is there a screening of City Island in LA tonight? I read someones post on Twitter saying they were going. Is this same kind of screening as that in NJ? I wish Anchor would give us a trailer soon. I'm so jealous of all those who have already seen it. Apparently some people have gotten to see it on international flights! No fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info and photos from Deauville,Raymond. Glad it was a success.I did see one story,which showed a photo of Andy holding your son and the caption said it was Andy's son Andres. Some people don't check their facts too well.
    It's hard to find too much info with reviews and things and I think it is because of the language.I wonder why the French don't have English translations on their sites!!(ha!ha! just joking)
    I guess the next stop will be in Ghent next month for their film festival and Andy getting another tribute.Will you be going with Andy this time,Raymond?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Raymond,
    I am glad that you like the links I sent you. It is my pleasure to share them with you all.
    More links here:
    http://www.gala.fr/gala_tv/l_oeil_sur_eux/andy_garcia_histoires_de_famille_a_deauville
    http://www.havre-presse.fr/index.php/cms/13/article/219105/Andy_Garcia_papa_poule#
    http://www.cinema-france.com/news9688_photos-deauville-rend-hommage-a-andy-garcia.html

    JC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, there is something wrong. Here is the links again.

    http://www.gala.fr/gala_tv/l_oeil_sur_eux/andy_garcia_histoires_de_famille_a_deauville

    http://www.havre-presse.fr/index.php/cms/13/article/219105/Andy_Garcia_papa_poule#

    http://www.cinema-france.com/news9688_photos-deauville-rend-hommage-a-andy-garcia.html

    JC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, the links did not work, maybe it is too long. I have sent you an email to you, Raymond. Would you please put them in your blog so that everyone can see them. Thanks!

    JC

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Raymond forgot to mention that the tall gorgeous blond next to him is not his wife, but is his fabulous producer Lauren Versel. His wife is the shorter gal in the fabulous black dress (which unfortunately you can't see) with her hand on Lorenzo's shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is a good review!

    http://www.sbs.com.au/films/blog/single/113107/American-films-rate-better-than-French-at-festival

    btw, I've been seeing positive tweets on the screening last night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This movie I think appeals to anybody with a quirky family, and I believe we have a lot of those out here in L.A., so I bet the screening was positive.

    On the producer mentioned, besides having an awesome last name, Milutin Gatsby is obviously living the high-life. Check out this amusing excerpt of an article on a charity benefit from May '08:

    "The biggest winners of the night? A young good-looking Russian man named Milutin Gatsby. He bought Madonna’s white acoustic guitar for 300,000 euros, then said he’d give it back to her so she could have a Malawi orphan learn to play it."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and in an effort to be helpful, here are the above links in clickable form...

    JC Link #1

    JC Link #2

    JC Link #3

    Positive review link from anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your English to French translator at the press conference was exellent...

    f.d.

    ReplyDelete