Thursday, May 7, 2009

CITY ISLAND: SECOND LANGUAGE EDITON?



The other day I posted an interview with me in Italian from an Italian blog, which I suggested as a possible new wave method for learning a foreign language. Continuing that theme, dig the above--an article from a Spanish Language newspaper. Can any of you translate this article? I don't mean any of you who actually speak or read Spanish--that would be too easy. I'm interested in a kind of off the cuff, strictly instinctive free translation by somebody who hasn't the foggiest idea of what they're reading. (Don't forget to click to enlarge).

Thanks for all the comments from the other day concerning how and when the film will finally be available to be seen. Soon I'll have some news--all good--about the fate of our movie.

Below I've posted part one of a panel that I did at Barnes and Noble a week ago. It was called "Pen to Paper" or something of that ilk. The panelists were all writer/directors--one of them was the very charming Conor McPhearson whose film, "The Eclipse", made quite a spalsh at the festival. I haven't had the guts to actually watch myself in this clip so perhaps somebody will do me the favor of telling me how I came off...



 Subscribe in a reader

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to always keep us updated Raymond.

I hope this movie gets out soon, I will cry if I have to wait like a year to see it LOL!

I'm so excited now.

Raymond Fontaine said...

From one Raymond to another -- Thank you for this marvelous motion picture, in any language!

Anonymous said...

Good news? was there mention of good news? 'cause I could certainly use a little :)

Anonymous said...

You came off fine....I would think that it would be kind of neat to see
someone else direct something that
I wrote.Even if it wasn't to my
total taste....Because a different
touch can keep things interesting.
Some time...Especially if the DP
turned it into magic.

Matt said...

I don't know where else to put this question... but when this movie gets picked up for wide distribution, would you have to make any changes to the film to make the studio happy. Like delete scenes, alter some (like language and nudity) or even change the name of the film?

Marianna said...

I like your sense of humour Raymond! Lucky audience :)

I can't wait to watch this movie lol

Take care
xoxo

Anonymous said...

It's too bad this movie can't be released soon. IMO it's the perfect summer movie.