4/23/09

CITY ISLAND COUNTDOWN: TFF-4!



Click the above to enlarge and read my fabulous interview with Lou Lumenick which appeared in today's New York Post.

Click here to watch the excellent (three out of four apples) review Neil Rosen gave "City Island" on New York 1--it will run all weekend, I'm told.

(The print version is abridged--click the TV box to watch the full review and see some nice clips of the film).

And now for something completely different. Click here to read a very astute blogger named James van Maanen who writes a superb film blog called TrustMovies. It just so happens that he wrote a fine piece on my documentary "Tis Autumn: The Search For Jackie Paris" (now available--PLUG--on Amazon)--though this has very little to do, of course, with why I like his blog. No seriously, he's good--apparently wrote for Green Cine for years...



I'm told that NBC.com will post my interview which aired this morning, but as yet I can't seem to find it. Anyone out there who can help I'd much appreciate it.

Item: the new Woody Allen film, "Whatever Works", is one of his best in years. Very funny indeed, with a brilliant Larry David as the Woody stand-in character. The whole cast was great--Ed Begley Jr., Patricia Clarkson (did she turn down my movie for this one?) and Evan Rachel Wood all superb.

Tomorrow is "press day"--hours of round-robin media gabbing. I'll be joined by Andy Garcia, Steven Strait and Julianna Margulies and don't know how long it will take. So forgive the no-post zone if such is this case and I'll be back this weekend.

Meanwhile, while Asher Burstein isn't affiliated with our movie, here's his "City Island" song...for better or for worse...



 Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

  1. That's a terrific review! Of course it just makes my envy that I'm not there to see it this weekend go up about 10 fold :) Press day huh? I hope this means we get to read (or see) a lot of interviews with your actors about the movie soon. Any chance of any behind the scenes pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give Asher 4 apples talented
    fellow

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle than to find ANYTHING mentioned on a TV show on their website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "evidently a jazz maven..." - ya think?!

    Splendid reviews on both counts, and of course very well deserved. Let the adulation begin!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete